Sunday, December 19, 2010

PTU Southern Rock

I love all of Juicy's kits...  and I am so glad I get her e-mails announcing what's new at the store.  I knew right away that I wanted to tut the Snow Drift kit so I bought it, because I have been severely lacking in the CT department and didn't want to ask for it, just in case I didn't feel up to it.  LOL  So, you all know I did my tut already and told her I was going to buy Rockabilly next because I was lucky and my MPT purchase was chosen for a free tube and when I saw Marco's Southern Rock Tube I new right then and there that they were perfect together.  Juicy sent me the kit because she is so awesome.  And I got started right away...  so with in as many days, I have done two tuts!  WOW I love inspiration!

So here is your tut...

I am using the art of Marco Guaglione which you can find HERE, you must have a license from MPT to use his works you may purchase the tube here and request a license of your own.  EDIT!!  Effective February 7, 2011 you must purchase this tube at PSP Tubes Emporium HERE and have a PTE license to use it, unless you owned it while it was still available at MPT.

I am using the Scrap Kit Rockabilly from Juicy Bits, you may purchase it HERE.

Let's begin

I want to let you know that I will not tell you how to shadow your tags... unless it is important for an effect that is used, I feel this is a preference of the tag maker.

Open a new transparent image 600 x 600.  Paste Paper 05 as a new layer.  Paste Element 26 (frame).  Using your pick tool position it towards the bottom of the tag in a diagnal position.  Paste the Closeup (CU) provided with your tube under the frame.  Mirror the image. Change the blend mode to Luminance (Legacy). Duplicate the CU.  With the Bottom CU layer selected Use the Texture Effect Mosiac Antique. Add Noise at Settings of Gaussian 20 with Monochrome selected. Select Enhance more from the edge effects menu. Lower the opacity of the top CU layer to 70% and Merge this layer down.

With your Magic wand select the center of the frame.  Modify and expand by 5.  Invert selection and with the CU layer selected, press delete. DO NOT deselect, and select the paper and delete as well.

Open a ribbon of choice, I am using element 40, resize by 70% and paste as a new layer.  With pick tool postion at the bottom of the frame.  Duplicate this layer.  Move one below your frame. With your eraser tool erase sections of the top ribbon so that it appears to wrap around the frame.

Open Element 49 and adjust the image size by 75%. Sharpen the image. Copy and paste as a new layer at the bottom. Duplicate this layer, move the duplicate to the topand resize to fit using your pick tool. Sharpen if necessary.

Open Element 28 and adjust the image size to 60%. Paste as a new layer on top of your tag, and move to the bottom left corner of the tag.

Open Element 29 and adjust the image size by 80%.  Copy and paste as a new layer under Element fram 28 and center it under it. Use the Texture effect blinds set at Width =2 Opacity=23 Color=Black Horizontal checked.
 
Copy and paste your tube as a new layer.  Mirror the tube and place under element 28 (circle frame).  Change the blend mode to Overlay.
 
Using your Magic Wand, select the center of the Circle frame.  Modify and expand by 5.  Invert selection and with the tube layer selected, press delete.
 
Copy and Paste your tube for the last time on the tag moving it to the right of the botom-most frame.

Select Two papers from the kit for your background Mask layers. Resize to 76% and copy and paste them as a new layer at the bottom of the tag. For each apply mask that you desire. I am using Vix Mask 349.

Decorate the tag as desired using various elements, you may use my example but you can use whatever you want!

Be sure to place your credits and license number on your tag.

I used the font dearJoe4 for the name and applied the Texture effect blinds with the same settings we used before.

No comments:

Post a Comment